Trinity CertTESOL Course (Part-Time)
Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Ofqual Level 5)
Trinity Cert TESOL Course
Level 5 (on the British National Qualifications Framework)
Trinity College London
145 GLH (Guided Learning Hours) 200 hours TQT (Total Qualification Time)
9 months (part-time)
Live Video Conferences (including Teaching Practice) + Online Content
Certificate Course Details
The main course content is delivered and assessed through five units. The work for Units 1, 2, 3 and 5 is marked by your Spainwise course tutors and moderated or sampled and checked by a member of the Trinity moderators panel at the end of every course. The moderator externally assesses the work for Unit 4.
In the pre-course assignment, you will be introduced to many of the issues of interest and concern to people taking the course, such as study skills, issues related to understanding learners, teaching methods and techniques, lesson planning, grammar, phonology, metalanguage and issues surrounding classroom management.
- Tutors’ evaluation of six hours of teaching with real learners
- A journal including trainees’ own lesson plans, with self- and tutor-evaluation
- A journal covering trainees’ reflective comments following observation of four hours of ESOL teaching by experienced teachers
- An end-of-course test (grammar, lexis and phonology)
- Ongoing use of spoken and written English
- The preparation of a simple linguistic profile and needs analysis, including some basic phoneme transcription, of a single learner
- The planning of, and reflection on, a one-to-one lesson
- The preparation of recommendations for the learner’s future development
- Written rationale for the development of one piece of teaching material
- Written evaluation of use of this in classroom teaching
- Interview with a Trinity moderator to discuss the above and the ways in which materials development is beneficial to the development of teaching skills
- A journal covering trainees’ reflective comments on four hours’ tuition in an unknown language from the point of view of the beginner, including an analysis of the key aspects of methods and classroom management that affect the learner
Trinity CertTESOL Course at Spainwise Teacher Training Centre (Córdoba, Andalucía)
Kevin (from Ireland) shares his experience of the Spainwise Trinity CertTESOL Course
Course Dates and Fees
Check out upcoming course dates and fees (including special offers).
Apply for this Course
If you would like to apply for this course please fill in the online application form.