Select Interview Date
Many thanks for completing our Pre-Interview tasks.
The pre-course interview is an opportunity for Spainwise to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for the course, that you have the aptitude to become a successful teacher and that you are likely to complete the course successfully. All Trinity CertTESOL course providers have to make sure that each trainee meets these requirements.
As part of the interview, you will be asked to complete a short written task on a subject chosen by the course director.
You will be informed within 24-48 hours if you have been successful, in which case we will offer you a course place. If you have not been successful, we will be happy to explain why not (for example, if your level of English is below the standard required).
How to Prepare for the Interview
Relax; be natural and honest. Perhaps you’d like to consider how you would answer these typical pre-course interview questions:
- Why would you like to do the Spainwise teacher training course?
- What qualities do you have which make you / would make you a good teacher?
- Do you have any previous experience of teaching (including informal experiences with family, friends or colleagues)? If so, what were your conclusions?
- Have you had any experience of learning a second language?
- If you have, how did it go?
- What do you think might be difficult about English for those who learn it as a second language?
- What are the qualities of a good (language) teacher?
- What skills does a (language) teacher need?
- What are your strengths when speaking and writing in English?
- What are your weaknesses when speaking and writing in English?
- What do you think are the advantages of being an English language teacher?
- What might be the disadvantages?
- Are you a good time manager?
- How do you feel about deadlines?
- How do you cope under pressure?
Don’t forget that the interview is a great opportunity for you to ask questions too!
Choose the date and time which best suits you to do the interview: